My number one favorite sourse is Sweetopia. She has the most beautiful cookies! And she also has tutorials, recipes, and tips on her blog to help people out with decorating cookies.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Sugar Cookies
About a week or so ago I had the idea to try out sugar cookie decorating. So I started researching it.... and decided that it was going to become my new project. I researched it for about a week until I decided I had a good idea of what recipes I wanted to use and what I would absolutely need with spending the least amount of money, and the different type of decorating techniques. So in that week I also made different trips to Michael's and the grocery store to build up my pantry of the things I would need. And because I have been busy I made the cookie dough on one day, baked them another, and then finally decorated them today. It was my FIRST time ever making icing and my FIRST time ever decorating cookies! It was so fun! Oh my gosh I have already held myself back from spending TONS of money to start up this new little hobby of mine! I only have one cookie cutter and 2 different decorating tips so I could only use 2 colors at once...... but when we get paid again whoa baby I can't wait to go buy more stuff to try out so different things at once! When looking at the pictures just remember this is my first time and I was trying out some of the different techniques I had read about... I'll get better. They will be prettier eventually. I'm going to be a perfectionist with this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
They are sweet, I don't know how they can look better, but whatever! Did you give them away, or just make them for fun?
I just made them for fun. I'm going to give some to my sister-in-law though because I can't have this many cookies in the house! I've already eaten them for breakfeast.... so I can't imagine how many more I'll eat through out the day!
You are now a domestic goddess :) (that's what Katy's mom would say...love it.)
Post a Comment