Friday, August 20, 2010

Thank you to the CVICU cookies


Right before Zachary was born all the ladies in the CVICU gave us a HUGE bag full of baby gifts for my California baby shower. I have never even met these ladies and they were so nice and generous to us! They signed it "from all the CVICU mom's" :) I have wanted to do something to say thank you so I decided to use my new cookie obsession and try to make some cute cookies. I wanted to have a boyish theme since it was a thanks for the baby gifts but since I was giving the cookies to adults I didn't want them to be a cliche baby theme. I got the orange, blue and light blue color scheme from one of Zachary's onesies that I really like and then I saw this artists work on Etsy and thought his work was adorable. I adapted some of his elephant drawings into cookies as best I could. This was my second time trying out the sugar cookie decorating thing. I learned A LOT with this project. Brian took the 2 dozen cookies to work today and he said everyone liked them. His boss, Erin, took one home for her little girl.

Here are the drawings I got the ideas from and my version on the cookies:









reading a book


blowing bubbles


just sitting with a crown on

flying away holding onto a balloon

6 comments:

dianne price said...

very cute.

Chelsi Chipps said...

holy crap, kim. These are freaking adorable!!!

Becca said...

Holy crap...did you draw those??? Those are AWESOME!!! You might be a little crazy, but dang they are sooooooo cute!

Becca said...

Oh, and I kind of hate you right now! I want your talent!

Aubrie said...

Wow. Those are amazing. Chalk up one point for the 50's house wife!

Amy Smith said...

Holy Cow!!!! Serious! You drew each of those. CRAZY but AMAZING!