Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bollywood

Confession.... I am now OBSESSED with Indian culture and Bollywood films. Thanks to my friend at work, Eram, I have basically a free Hindi movie rental store. So far my favorite film is still Fanaa. FANTASTIC! K... so the movie starts out this small town blind girl goes to the big city with some friends to perform a musical piece at the Presidents Palace and meets a sexy and exciting tour guide, they fall in love after some incredibly entertaining musical numbers, they much to the shock of the Indian culture shack up, than love wins in the end and they're going to get married but before they get married she gets eye surgery and magically gets her sight... than he supposedly dies in a terrorist explosion only to find out right before the intermission (yeah... they have intermissions...) that HE is the terrorist!!! dun dun dun! So the 2nd half than continues.... FANTASTIC! I was a little disappointed not to have a musical number with the rest of the terrorist battalion dancing and singing in their camouflage. BUT there was this scene where the main guy accidentally pushes his father-in-law off a cliff and there is a shot of the father-in-law falling and screaming.... hilarious. Pure cinematic entertainment. Eram is bringing me a new batch of rentals on Friday so I can have another weekend full of Bollywood enjoyment.

So the other thing.... the jewelery and clothes these women wear are GORGEOUS! I HAVE to have some of this jewellery - at least the bangles and earrings. So come to find out from Eram that the best place is this one street in LA. DANG IT! My life is cursed in a way that EVERYTHING is in California.

5 comments:

Leah & Chase said...

I love Bollywood!

Anonymous said...

What is this! Kim is actually updating her blog! I can't believe it! yaay!

Becca said...

Are you feeling okay? Two updates..YEAH! What happen to you..did you fall off the face of earth?

Santos Family said...

I'm going to get burned for this I'm sure, but I have to tell you. You keep using than when you should use then. YAY! I corrected the English major! I totally love that you are blogging again by the way!

Kim Brown said...

I KNOW! Since I started working here.... I have a few habitual typing mistakes. That is one. I don't know why but I'm aware that i always type than instead of then. it's TYPOS not gramatical issues. just FYI :)

and i'm too lazy to edit my own posts.