Saturday, July 21, 2012

5 months

5 months has gone by so fast!  My poor little Alexander has totaly gotten the shaft in regards to blog posts, pictures, mommy+me private time, etc.  So this post will be all about him!!!




At 5 months Alexander has learned how to roll over, to get up on his hand and knees and just today he started rocking on his hands and knees.  I know crawling isn't too far behind!  He can also sit up but is still pretty wabbaly.  He is such a sweet baby.  He loves to laugh, smile, talk and play.  He actually whines sometimes just because he wants to play.  He loves the song "I wanna be like you" from Disney's Jungle Book.  I can actually get him to stop crying by singing it..... I need to learn all the words. He is a total mama's boy.  He actually cries for me.  Not even Dad does it for him... he will still start crying for me if Brian is holding him. 

I have to gush about what a good sleeper he is.  He goes anywhere between 10-12 hours at night without a bottle.  Usually at LEAST 9 hours of that is sleeping!!  He has been doing this since he was almost 2 months old.  It makes my life easier since I swear I loose so many hours a day pumping.  And he truely does sleep through the night.  He rarely wakes up and if he does, all I have to do is give him his binky.  He doesn't usualy sleep much thorugh the day.  But even if he does he still sleeps through the night.  Best sleeper EVER!!  I just started introducing him to food.  It's slow going.... right now we're just on bananas.  He isn't natural with the whole idea of a spoon and food but he still does ok. 

It's kind of crazy how much he looks like Brian!  They're baby photos are very similar!  It's so obvious that people are now starting to realize that Zachary looks more like me than they thought because of how much Alex looks like Brian!

He is so chunky! I love it, he is adorable. I don't love the cheese neck.... gross. You know you're chunky when you have 2 ankle rolls.  He has been in size 12 month clothing and size 4 diapers for over a month now!  At Alexanders Infant High Risk follow up appointment that he had a month ago all the nurses and ladies were gushing about how big and healthy he is.  We are so greatful that even though he had a rough introduction to the world, he is a healthy happy boy.  He is totally off the weight charts - he weighs 20 lbs!  Try hauling that around in his baby carryer/car seat.  Sheesh!  This kid can't learn how to walk fast enough!  Mine and Brian's back are killin' us :)

On Father's Day we blessed Alexander at church.  It was such an amazing blessing.  And I am a horrible horrible mother because since it was at church.... I totaly forgot to get pictures afterward!  We just blessed him in a cute Sunday outfit.   We bought him a pair a khaki shorts, 9 month size, and he only wore them for the blessing.  Super tight :)

2 comments:

Aubrie said...

He is so freaking cute it's crazy!! I love that little boy! I need to snuggle him!

Becca said...

There are not words for how much I love those little boys and how squishy Alex is! I love them! I wish you lived closer so I could hug and squish them more often!