Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Coq Au Vin and french cooking....
Coq Au Vin is the chicken version of Beouf B and to make it we bought whole chickens..... I've never in my life bought a whole chicken. So this is Brian teaching me how to cut it up :) He knows how because that's how they bought their meat in France - intact. It's way cheaper to buy chicken this way and it makes the french dishes that I've been making lately much more flavorful. I think my Grandma Ray would be proud of me for buying whole chickens! At least I didn't have to kill it and pluck the feathers like she did all the time. EEWW!
Anyway - the Coq Au Vin was yummy and so was the chicken with bacon, onions and potatoes (I forgot the French name). Both dishes were made in my Le Crueset cast iron pot. If anyone has dutch oven recipes please send them my way. All the dishes I've made have been super easy to make and really cheap. I like that. I don't like the left overs though. I hate left overs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment