Monday, September 20, 2010

I need your help....

Does anyone have a good sugar cookie recipe they can share??

You all know my new hobby is sugar cookies.  For fun I try a random cookie every once in a while just to try something new or experiment  (Like last night I tried a butter lemon cookie that I found on some chic's blog.  Ew it was gross. Brian took one bite and wouldn't eat the rest.).  I finally found the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe!  I'll post it later.  I occasionally try new sugar cookie recipe or experiment with different variation of a recipe.  So far I don't have the perfect cookie!  My Grandma Ray's sainted sugar cookie recipe for some reason comes out floury and cakey here.  For real - ask my Mom.  She made them when she was here for Zach's blessing and she even called my Grandma to check I wrote the recipe down right because it was so different. I experimented with a variation of her recipe and it came out yummy but wouldn't hold it's shape.  I decorate: I need it to hold shape!  I even know a lot of "tricks" to help it hold it's shape.... still didn't work.  I also researched the effects of altitude and humidity on baking to see if this could be a cause.... still doesn't solve my dilemma.  And even though I thought they were yummy Brian still likes my "original" recipe better.  My "original" recipe is just what I call the recipe that I keep going back to.  I'll post that later as well.

Brian asked me for the first time to make cookies for something!  Cookies for a work event!  Thursday is the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit's 1 year anniversary so they are having a party and I'm making cookies for him to take.  I can't decide what recipe I want to use.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Wish I had one, but I don't cook! Sorry! I would go with the one you used "originally" since it seems to work!

Sissy said...

Grandma's recipe calls for butter but instead I use Crisco and they are awesome! Might be worth a try.