The United States of Tara - For all those whom are harboring a crazy lady in your head - you should watch this hilarious show. It's Showtime - so watchers beware and don't blame me for content (meaning not child friendly, lots of cursing, etc). The main character, Tara, has multiple personalities. I LOVED IT! One of her "alters" is a 50's housewife. A serious plus to the TV series is that all of the shows fit on 2 DVDs... which is perfect because I prefer to watch TV shows all at once uninterrupted.
The Cove - EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH THIS. I heard of this documentary from Dave and had wanted to watch it for a long time but there was a wait for the DVD. WAIT NO MORE!! It's on instant! I LOVE instant! Brian and I watched this today and both of us said we would never go to Sea World again.
Mac and Me - I occasionally surf for old 80's movies that I use to rent from the little private owned movie rental store in South Pasadena. The owner would say "You my favorite customer!" He was Asia and had an awesome accent. He would let Scott Allen and I bring our bikes in his store so they wouldn't get stolen. How cool is that? Anyway, I digress...... I loved this movie as a kid. Brian and I watched it last night because I discovered that it was on instant play. It's SO 80's fabulous! Especially the classic music video scene where everyone in the room breaks into dance and of course everyone knows the same dance steps. I would watch this again and again just for that part of the movie.
Revenge of the Ninja - This was Brian's 80's fabulous flick that he loved as a kid that we watched. It was hilarious because 80's acting, fighting scenes, well pretty much everything, is so exaggerated and cliche. I was totally cracking up! I was making cookies (I tried a new cookie and it was totally GROSS) while we watched this so every once in a while he would yell at me "watch watch you can't miss this!" Luckily he told me or I would have missed a dude catch an arrow in his teeth. Uh huh - that is exactly what I wrote: in his teeth. Funny side note: Brian pretty much thought he was a ninja when he was a kid. Matter of fact he karate chopped his neighbors fence when they told him something he didn't like and the board actually came off. His older brother thought he was so cool when he did that. Movies like this gave him that delusional grandeur.
p.s. i was only lucky enough to have my husband sit down and watch movies with me because he tweaked his back again yesterday morning and he was limited to doing nothing but laying on our bed or laying on the couch. he tweaked his back because he was hauling large cement tiles around my back yard trying to fix the Wheezy issue. stupid dog.




2 comments:
The COVE horrified me...I was so very very sad...United States of Tara I have only seen a few time and I LOVE IT!!!! I laughed so stinking hard! I think I like the butch alter ego the best.....it beats the crap out of people...hehehehe!
I'll watch them just because you said so, cause you have awesome taste in movies.
Post a Comment