
Working on being a better 50's housewife actually helps repel the crazy lady. So when Brian worked 4 days in a row this past week I was making June Cleaver look bad! I got ALL of Brian's laundry done so he didn't even have to wash his scrubs for work! That's a big deal in my house! I did a bunch of other house work but most interesting of all..... I COOKED 4 NIGHTS IN A ROW! I know I keep shocking myself. I even made desert one night and I tried out my new obsession: decorating sugar cookies. AND on Sunday I got up and had me and Zach ready so we could get to church EARLY! woo hoo!
This is what I have made in the past week:
1. My favorite go to dinner: breaded chicken, red potatoes and corn. For dessert I had made a cupcake version of a chocolate cake I had made about a month before. My mother-in-law ended up dropping by to see Zach and ended up staying for dinner and loved it. I like it when anyone BUT Brian tries something because his monochromatic "it's good" doesn't really cut it for me. She even asked me how I made the chicken and what was in the middle of the cupcakes.... when someone asks you how you did something THAT is what makes you feel like you've done something right :)
This is the chocolate mouse crunch cake I made about a month ago I love it. Here is the recipe.
These are the cupcake version of the same cake. They are not visually stunning but they taste great! This time I also tried substituting chocolate sprinkles for the heath bits.... good if you are a chocolate on chocolate on chocolate fan.
2. Shredded chicken soft tacos. Like the easiest thing in the world and so so yummy! Brian and I loved them. I changed it up by adding corn, black beans, and avocados this time. Made a very yummy difference. I just made the chicken in the crock pot. So all I had to do was assemble the tacos when Brian got home! I also made my friend Sarah chocolate chip cookie dough truffles for her birthday! I basically just made cookie dough, put them in little heart molds and refrigerated so they'd hold the shape, then dipped in chocolate. super easy and if you like cookie dough you'll love them. There is a real recipe for cookie dough truffles but I had forgotten to buy condensed milk so I just made real cookie dough. Here's Paula Deen's recipe though if you want it.
3. Shredded BBQ pork sandwiches, baked potato wedges (Mojo's are what they call them here in California) and cole slaw. I made the shredded pork in my crock pot and got the baked potato wedges recipe from here. They we so so good! I'll be making those a regular side dish from now on. I just went and bought the cole slaw from KFC because Brian loves it but I hate it so I'll never make it.
4. Then tonight I made lemon pepper chicken with cous cous and zucchini. My mother-in-law is out of town so she asked me to go over to her house to water and pick her tomatoes and zucchini. I only got one zucchini though... so I just came up with the idea (YEAH - ME!! I CAME UP WITH THIS!!) to cut them into wedges then toss them in olive oil, bread the cut sides with italian flavored bread crumbs (I left the rind side plain) and put in the oven to cook. Once they were done I sprinkled them with shredded Parmesan cheese, put them back in the oven for the cheese to melt and voila! Oh my gosh - they were SOOOOOOO GOOD! I'll definitely be making those a new favorite side dish as well.
ugly picture but i had my camera near so I snapped a shot.
I'll make another post for the sugar cookies.
2 comments:
YEAH!!! Although 50's housewife is something I NEVER want to be, I love how you are cooking more things, that way I can get ideas...of course You need to actually post the recipe, actually following another link is WAY to difficult for me...HEHE KIDDING! Sounds like everything was YUMMY!
Domestic goddess...like I said. I second becca in that you need to post recipe's.
Post a Comment