They flew in on Sunday night. Monday Brian and I took them up to the Sequoia National Park. There is still a lot of snow up there so a lot of the trails are closed down. But they were able to see The General Sherman - the largest living organism. Since it is winter they close the large parking lot and we got to use the other trail to the general sherman which is much much shorter. I was SOOOO relieved :) Because the hike back up the real trail would have been really difficult for me. I cracked up when Brian and I saw how much snow was still up there and told Lacey and Logan "Aren't you so glad you came to California to see snow?" :) hehehe
Afterward we stopped at a little pizza joint up there in the hills - it was yummy. I think that was the night we watched the Princess and the Frog - thanks mom and dad for the easter dvd :) I love that movie it's so cute! How can you not like Ray?! Oh they also went on a walk with us, my sister-in-law, niece, and our dogs down to the river (which is something Brian and I do often).
Tuesday was my doc appointment, lunch at our local yummy dinner, then Lacey ran some errands with me and Logan played a lot of xbox. That night we took them to this local BBQ joint where there is a playhouse/treehouse in the middle of the resturant above tables and there is a mechanical bull you can ride. Logan the whole day said he'd ride it and then chickened out. Lame! Lacey and I got this huge piece of chocolate cake to share to go - we never ended up eating it all because it was so super chocolaty and huge.
Wed I actually made dinner - panini's (which are way super yummy) and Brian and mine's favorite new salad. Afterward we took Lacey and Logan out to a neighboring town where there is a HUGE rec center. It use to be an old produce packing house but then the community got together and decided to turn it into this big rec center to give kids something to do other then be dumb kids. It's amazing there is everything there - arcades, pool tables, air hockey tables, gym, wave pool where you "surf", skateboarding, indoor soccer field, boxing, etc. They also have this huge rock wall where it's made to be a "natural" rock wall instead of having the holds on the wall so it's a lot harder. I took a ton of pictures. It was easier for Logan because he is so skinny and lightweight that the tension of the support wire would help hoist him up. We didn't get to do much at the rec center because Brian and I goofed on guessing what time it would close - sorry guys! OH well - they can come back :)
Thursday Brian and I drove them down to Orange County/LA because they had an early morning flight out on Friday. So after getting through some traffic we ended up at Downtown Disney (where we thought we were just going to grab dinner) at about 6:30. WELL..... Brian and I ended up deciding to just buy Disneyland Anuual Passes and we all went to Disneyland until it closed that night - which was at midnight since it's Spring Break hours. I'm 9+ months in my Disneyland Pass photo! Seriously!? Ugh. Even though I can only ride like 3 rides it's still fun. I just ate a churro and waited with Brian while Lacey and Logan went on some of the other rides. They got to go on Pirates, The Haunted Mansion - short dinner break - then Big Thunder Mountain, It's a Small World (hey it's one I can ride!) - then we watched the fireworks - and then they were able to get on Space Mountain to cap the night off. So they are least got some of the best of Disneyland in there :) Then it was drive to LA, try to sleep for a few hours in a hotel, and then we dropped them off at security at LAX.
Thanks for coming guys! Hope you had a good time!
1 comment:
I am so freaking jelous! We are planning on going to Disneyland in October...Conan will be small, but we can swap turns!!!
Post a Comment