Saturday, April 3, 2010

38 weeks...... and waiting

So I'm 38 weeks and we're waiting for lil' Conan to come out. Brian talks to him and keeps quoting Ducky from The Land Before Time and telling him "You should come out. You should. You are late. Yes, you are..." Still no response.

On Tuesday I saw a different doctor since mine was out of town for spring break so I finally got checked (my doctor won't check me until 39 weeks). I'm one centimeter dialated. As of this point I will not be induced EVER.... I think I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER. My kid isn't going to come out until he's five and he will have a lunch pail in hand and say "see ya mom I'm going to school!"

So what is it like to be 38 weeks - it sucks! I'm so uncomfortable ALL THE TIME. The crazy amount of sweeling in my feet, ankles and calves no longer goes down - they're just huge all the time. Have you seen Harry Potter's aunt blow up.... that's what I look and feel like.

4 comments:

Dave Ray said...

Bummer. Still excited to meet the little guy though. =)

Brandon Dani & Donovan said...

I am feeling the same way! I still have 12 weeks to go.. but my feet and legs are always swollen.. thanks to the AZ heat that seems to be wanting to come early! and he will be here soon! hang in there!

Becca said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH...He will come when he is ready..quit trying to push that kit out..sheesh...HAHAHAHA! Okay, I had to laugh at that one...BEEN THERE....DONE THAT!!!! THREE TIMES!@!!!!! hehe! I am sooo excited, and you better text me when you go into labor, since you never talk to me anymore, you will probably have him and two weeks later is when I will find out...then I might take you down...!!!

Amy said...

That picture makes me laugh!! I think I will have to use it in one of my posts!!!! Good luck!