We got a new rug for our living room! I LOVE IT! Oh my gosh it's so nice to do away with the old ugly hand me down 90's rug we had before - gag, majorly gag! We were at Lowe's the other night getting paint samples and stuff to make a decision on the color for the baby's room... and we ended up going to the rug section and they had this big beautiful BEIGE rug on clearance! it has this pretty wrought iron swirl design. Amazing! Rugs cost so much money. We also bought thin carpet padding and just cut it to the size of our rug so that way it is nice and cushiony on your feet and safer for babies when they are laying on it - less concussions. It's great for sound absorption too which is good because our living room kind of echos. I just love love love it. And seriously it makes such a HUGE difference to our house. We don't look ghetto anymore :)
The other day I used some of the little amount of money we had left from the tax refund to get a few decorations for our house. I think flowers really help make a home fell homey and look pretty..... but I believe in fake flowers - I can't keep anything alive for very long. It helps my mantle look more filled out (my living room and dinning room look so bare). There are three different color peonies, wheat (I thought would be a cool twist), and these red cat tail things. I made the arrangement myself. I just need to get more sand to put in the vase to hide more of the stems. Just a little trivia: wheat is a symbol of prosperity. Coco Chanel had wheat represented in some way in every single room of her apartment - she made it kind of her lucky charm. So I'm just trying to be like Chanel :)
5 comments:
I'm really getting concerned here and I think that we need to have an intervention!!! You called out the beige rug so at least you acknowledge your problem, but instead of painting the nursery a real color... you paint it LIGHT BROWN!!! Light brown is just another name for dark beige. It's beige with a tan. It's ethnic beige, Kim. I'm all about neutrals, BUT...
=) =)
i KNEW you were going to say that :) the baby's room was brian's decision - totally brian's decision! i couldn't help it!
Love, love, love the brown walls!!!!! Don't listen to Dave - what does he know????
I love the brown walls, but David was talking about this yesterday at dinner, and I just have to say we had a greaat laugh over it! I cannot say a word though, because my walls are all "off White"!! all of them...so I think it might be Beige without a tan! I love the rug though! totally cute!
Wow Brian, you chose BROWN walls? Hm, wonder why....
The house is looking great Kim. I fully approve using wheat in imitation of Coco. Brilliant!
Post a Comment