Wednesday, January 27, 2010

what's for dinner?

HAYSTACKS! Remember Ray women how we were talking when I was in AZ last week about what are husbands do or do not say when dinner is good and they want it again? Quinn had a good response.... usually Brian's response is too vague "yeah, sure it's good." What? um... so does that mean you want me to make it again???! Too vague. BUT tonight he said that he likes that I make haystacks and that he would eat it again and again! amazing - we've had a breakthrough :) He had never had haystacks before he met me. What I'm super happy about besides the fact that he likes something I made is the fact that haystacks is the easiest thing to make! And who ever gave me the rice maker for our wedding - thank you!

5 comments:

Aubrie said...

I don't like hay stacks so I have never made them for Karson.

Aubrie said...

But Karson is the same way with responses...it's good...Well...is it good enough to eat again in a week or what!

Becca said...

hehe! That makes me laugh! Haystacks is one of my favorites...what happen to you Haubrie! Are you really a Ray???? KIDDING! I told you...I don't do "fine" or "good" twice...so Quinns responses have definately gotten better!!!! hhe! I think he would say "That is the best dinner ever, you should do it again, and again" even if he hated it, because he is floored at the fact that I cooked...hehehe! You crack me up girl! I love reading your blog!

dianne price said...

I thought you were making soup?

Kim Brown said...

i changed my mind at the last moment and good thing because the next night we ended up having skipper and don (brian's brother and dad) over for dinner on the fly because they were helping him with his corvair. i never know if someone is going to be coming over for dinner or if we are going to be going out to dinner with people - it's just kind of the brown way..... you have to be flexible :) so i made more haystack stuff, added the leftover from the night before to it and made extra rice. it was all completly gone by the end of dinner! and they all liked it! although..... i'm not quite sure if its a grand compliment from skip that he likes my cooking because he only likes "bland" food. hmmm.... well i guess i like "bland" food as well.