So today's BSFM went well. Luckily I had cleaned up my guest bathroom and made Cheese Soup before 4 because at 4:30 Grandma and Bud show up at my front door...... everyone was suppose to come over at 6!!! :) So I talked to them for a while.... and then I was going to start preparing my pazookie dough for later on after dinner when I had to call Sarah to bring me over eggs because I just realized I didn't have any and couldn't leave to get them because people were already at my house. Then at 5 Don, Angie and their 2 kids showed up (Brian's dad and step mom). Oh my gosh! Then I had to call Lynda and begged her to bring me brown sugar because I hadn't realized until right then that I wouldn't have enough.... luckily I guess Lynda likes my soups enough that she was going to come over for dinner - but NOT the "Red Dawn meeting" as she calls it :). So she was kind enough to come over with brown sugar and helped me finish the pazookie dough because I was trying to finish my chicken noodle soup at the same time. So thanks to her everything ended up well and on time. We ate promptly at 6 and Brian came home exactly at 6:30 per normal and it all went well. They all were very skeptical about Cheese Soup at first but I think a few of them liked it. Good thing I made a ridiculous amount of chicken noodle soup :)
Because everyone came early I didn't have time to prepare my spiritual lesson.... so I winged it and talked about being prepared to always go to the temple and to try to go at least once a month (that's my own personal goal). It was obvious that I didn't have anything concrete prepared but oh well that's what happens when you need to do things on the fly! Luckily Nurse Brian Brown always saves the day and his first aid lesson went well. Basically what he did was went through other people's first aid kits that they brought and discussed what is good and not good to have in them. It was a good lesson because most people didn't realize that you need to restock and throw out medications and other things that have expired, etc. He also taught everyone how to use a blood pressure pump cuff (because one of the points he made was why do you have this in your first aid kit if you don't know how to use it).... I was cleaning up so I don't really know how.... but that's what my husband is for.
Anyway everyone left sometime before 9 I think. All I can say is thank goodness I had prepared all my veggies and stuff yesterday and thank heavens for people I can call if I need a missing ingredient!
3 comments:
Red Dawn meeting....LOVE IT! Brians mom cracks me up! You are so good...I think if I had to cook the dinner and do desert, I would leave ALL lessons up to Quinn...hehe!
I agree with Bec. If I'm making dinner for that many people, I am NOT giving a lesson. And, I would die if people came that early!! ESPECIALLY if my husband wasn't home.
Well.... if the crazy lady had been in town (meaning my head) that night then yeah i would have had a mental breakdown and died. Suprisingly enough I didn't even stress about the cooking.... usually I stress "did everyone like it? is everything okay?" I even messed up on the pazookie dough a little bit...... but oh well!! whatever. and yeah I agree I should NOT have had to do a "spritual thought" but once again oh well whatever. I'm learning how to deal with being a Brown much better now. Being a wife and a new member of a different family is NOT easy but I'm starting to catch the learning curve.
Post a Comment