i love the fall! it is my favorite season. the gorgeous colors, the crisp chill in the air, the holidays, and the smell. aubrie and leah will remember my love for the smell of fall. it finally happened here the other night and i had to text them both about it. i'm getting so excited about it. i've already told everybody that i'm going all out this year - as in i want to go to a pumpkin patch to pick my own and then carve it, i want to go to a corn maze and to a haunted house. thanksgiving is going to be weird this year since i'll be straddling cali/az the whole time. i'll be here for the actual thanksgiving (which i SO WEIRD AND HARD FOR ME). i've NEVER missed a thanksgiving at my parents house. even when i was going to byu-i and my parents lived in oklahoma. i was lucky enough to be flown home, picked up by amy, crash at her house after eating potato soup and sleeping in a homemade quilt, and then picked up by my parents the next day to make the 3 hour drive to durant. it literally took me 24 hours+ to get home. and it was always so nice and so worth it! well then brian and i will drive out to az for brooklynne's baby blessing. so it won't feel at all like thanksgiving. eeeeww and i'm kind of a food snob.... so it should be interesting for me eating other people's food this year.
i love coming back for visits to az. and i'll probably be back at the end of the month. 3 things i'm really excited about (not including seeing my friends, family and the new baby.... which duh those are all a given).
1.costa vida: i get ridiculous costa cravings. and it's not because i'm prego. i ALWAYS get costa cravings.
2. QT: people you don't realize how much you rely on the convenient well lit, very clean and swigger heaven until you no longer have it. i've been craving what i call my "happy juice" which i'll probably drink when i'm there.... it may make my baby grown and extra appendage though.
3. telling my family my stories. seriously there is no better audience and everyone can confirm this - i much prefer talking in person then on the phone. i seriously really miss telling becca and dave my ridiculous stories. matter of fact i have one for you:
so i'm sure you guys know that i use to HATE peeing in public.... or that's what i called peeing a grandma's house. i use to have to turn the water on because i for real would get stage fright knowing that people could hear me pee. well this fear was still there when i got married. brian knows of my turning the faucet on decoy so he always jokes about me peeing and blah blah. matter of fact he would usually try to sneak up on my while i was in the bathroom. i'd be peeing and then all the sudden the door would fling open and there's brian. one time he even came into the bathroom, walked up to me while i was sitting on the porcelain, and put his hand on my back saying " go on babe! you can do it! pee while i'm right here!" so i would yell and laugh all at the same time refusing to go to the bathroom until he left. well.... the other day was by far..... well it was just ridiculous and unbelievably weird and funny. I would NEVER normally talk on the phone while i had to pee.... but i'm pregnant and had to pee like seabiscut but was on the phone with someone i seriously thought i'd pee my pants.... so i took the phone in but then hung up asap. well - brian heard me talking from the vicinity of the bathroom. as soon as i hung up totally scared me because he sneaked up around the corner because he had spied on me to confirm his suspicions. so then he came in and was like "oh my gosh it was for real! you were talking on the phone while you were in the bathroom! i'm so proud of you!" k..... so the crazy part is that while he said this to me... he walked up to me (i'm sitting on the toilet, legs brought together underwear around my ankles - the whole bit) and straddled my legs, sat down in my lap and gave me a hug. seriously he is so bizarre! it was hilarious but i was yelling at him to get off and get out of the bathroom which didn't sound very fierce because i was laughing so hard. see... that story is so much better in person.
6 comments:
EEEWWWWWWWW. There are some places that nobody should go!!! I won't even talk to my kids through the door. That is the only place I can get peace! Bummer I will miss the stories in AZ! I agree with the Ray audience though, they are awesome!
TMI. TMI. TMI.
I started crying I was laughing so hard. I'm excited to see you guys tonight.
I just about peed my pants reading!
That is soo funny! Karson knows the rules. I'm peeing...he doesn't come in.
I am with Keri...I think I am laughing so harid I will also pee my pants...can I just tell you how much I love Brian! Way to go Brian!!!! Get Kim over her fear of peeing in public..hehehehehehehehe!
Post a Comment