tis the season to spread cheer and the cold virus so i guess that means it's time for my annual newsletter. i'm sure you all have been waiting in breathless anticipation for what my crazy family has been up to this year! well slap santa and bring on the new year because here it is....
Kirra is now 2 and a 1/2! She is such a fun and crazy kid. Most of the time I'm just trying to keep up with her. She laughs all the time and usually has this impish grin on her face - I swear she is planning something diabolical. She's always bear footed because she hates to wear shoes just like her mom and gets those cute curls from her daddy! She is also SO SMART! She is already reading (her favorite book is the BFG) and you all know that she speaks French since we taught it to her the same time she was learning how to talk (in English). It was easier that way. It's really funny when she gets tired and cranky because when she starts to whine she will alternate between English and French. Hilarious! She LOVES playing outside - rain, shine, snow... whatever. She isn't old enough yet to go fishing with Grandpa but they are planning their first trip and settle for pick nicks on the down stairs floor for now. She has a absolute ball when she goes over to Grandma's house - man is my kid spoiled! Good for her... I hope I get my Old McDonald hot chocolate mug back one of these centuries. Kirra has totally claimed it and named the duck Sophie.
Zack is well into his 3rd year of residency now..... 2 more to go..... He lives at the hospital every 3rd night - lovely lifestyle - green jell-o and about 4 hours of sleep every day - especially since the residency hall is so wonderfully furnished with war cots. I gave him a quilt for christmas so he can have a blanket there and feel like he's on a sleep over. I offered to give him tips on painting the other residents toe nails and endless chit-chat lessons but he balked at that. I have no idea why (they call him McDreamy in homage to Grey's Anatomy and his stunning good looks, Zack hates it! He's going to kill me since I just told you all that hehe:)). Our ward keeps threatening to give him a permanent calling in the ward as apposed to his substitute teacher job, but he's always ends up getting beeped during sunday school :) Lucky! He is fantastic - I still love him! He's really hot in scrubs - I just try not to think of whats on his shoes...
Me - well I'm STILL working on my doctorate...... I can't wait to be done ... and who knows when that will be. I'm teaching three classes per semester - right now they are all online so I can home with Kirra. I love spending time with her! We have grils night once a week when Zack is sleeping at the hospital - and I now have the DVD "Enchanted" memorized! We sing the happy cleanup song when we clean the house. I'm so proud of Zack and take dinner and a swigger to him sometimes at the hospital to take pity on him. My calling in the Young Women's is so fun! Those teenagers totally take cool lessons from me. But they do keep me updated on the newest cute/hot/modest styles so I can reach my goal of being "Stacey's Mom" someday.
Happy New Year from Zack, Kim and Kirra Levi ;)
i have to admit i got this awesome idea from my friend shauna so i'm giving props to her. it's what my standard mormon bragging newsletter should have been if the world spun the way it "should" ;)
2 comments:
I LOVE IT! I'm so touched by it that...I'm almost....in tears.....from laughing so hard! Boy it is sure tough to keep laughs on the inside.
love it!! nicely done p-rice
Post a Comment