Zachary is 8 months and crawling like crazy. At home I pretty much let him wonder where ever. I think it's hilarious when he sits underneath the sofa tables. This month I might make a fort for him out of my kitchen table and a sheet just to see what he does. As soon as he was able to crawl he was already on the next stage: trying to pull himself up on things and stand. He is pretty good at it now - which is nerve racking because he always inevitable falls and bumps his head at least a few times a week.... sometimes a few times a day. He also will walk if you hold his hands and guide him forward...... yet he still will not hold his own bottle. He still doesn't have teeth but he spits like crazy - gross - such a boy!! He will pretty much eat anything but since he still doesn't have teeth he eats everything pured. He is developing his fine motor skills when it comes to eating "yum yums" - those edible star puff things. We will put them on his high chair tray and he tries his hardest to pick them up with his fingers not his fist. He wears 18 month old clothing and I can't keep shoes on the kid - no because he will take them off, but because he will wear the shoes once and then grows out of them. So we don't buy shoes for him. Zach still has a thing with putting his hand on peoples faces but now instead of doing that to everyone now he only does it to Brian and all of his Grandpa's (Gpa Price in MT, Gpa Don, and Bud). You can tell when Zachary and Gpa Don have been playing because Zachary has what we call "beard rash" on his face afterward. He loves to get a hold of Gpa Don's goatee.
Zachary is starting to make out phonic sounds. So Brian got all excited when he started saying "da da da da da" over and over and I had to break his heart and tell him that Zach wasn't saying dad. Brian gets it that Zach has no idea what he is saying but I won't be surprised if Dad is his first word since that is his favorite sound at the moment. Zach has no clue what "NO" is yet, which can be really frustrating because when I say no he just looks up at me and grins like mad because he just thinks I'm talking to him like normal. Ah well. He will learn soon enough and then like all kids he won't smile when I say it.
We are doing ok with a schedule.... this is what it is usually like:
bed time: 9pm
wake up: 7am
1st nap: 10ish
2nd nap: 3 or 4ish
He doesn't really have a bed time routine. The only thing that stays routine is him getting his rice cereal bottle at about 8pm. I know I'm a terrible mother for not having a carved out in stone bed time routine but right now he is so little and doing good with going to bed every night that I don't worry about it. When he's older I'll do the whole put on your pj's, brush your teeth and read a story thing. Plus Brian SUCKS at bed time routine.
Well, I can't think of anything else about Zach's normal everyday life to tell you so here are some photos!!
 |
| He LOVES ice cream |
 |
he will finish off your ribs for you.
just so you know he normally eats quite healthy we were at a restaurant and ms.nora and bud were in charge of him and this is what happened. |
 |
| Naomi put this strainer on his head and he thought it was the funniest thing in the world!! |
 |
| his great gma henricksen makes him these super cute hats |
 |
| to keep him happy while i was doing the dishes the other night i put a ton of his plastic spoons and a spatula and the floor and he had so much fun. when i turned around to check on him i started cracking up because he would have a spoon hanging out of his mouth like this. |
1 comment:
He is soooo cute! He is getting so big!
Post a Comment