October was nuts. Zach turned 6 months old and around that time he, Marley and Naomi (the brown cousins) had their photos taken together - which was insane. I don't have the digital disc of the photos currently on me but I'll post these make shift ones of Zach's and update the real ones hopefully soon.
Then it was all about deep cleaning and getting my house under control. This is something that I had not done since Zach was born so it was a supreme task. I started doing it because I need to get my house ready for company. My friend Olivia, her husband and her mom stayed with us when they were in town for their CA wedding reception. Then it became a big project of finally cleaning out all my closets (again.... I did the first phase of the closest a week before Zach was born), cupboards, pantry, etc. I also cleaned out my garage, front porch and back porch. Oh my gosh.... it would have been an entomologists dream to be here when I did the garage and porches. Cleaning out the garage and front porch made me think of the movie Arachnophobia - my skin crawled every time I killed a black widow and all the other species of spiders. Then the back porch created a mass exodus of all the mini cockroaches that apparently were living under the awning of my house. SO GROSS.
Then once everyone left out of town it was all about getting ready for the annual Palm Springs Corvair car show. So Brian worked on the car a lot. And I tried to get us ready to go out of town. Going out of town is so stressful for me now. It is really hard to have the house cleaned, us three packed and ready to go.... and I now make cookies for these things on top of that. This process usually makes Brian and I want to divorce each other right before we leave town, but once we are actually in the car and on our way we are back to normal and like each other again. Is getting ready to leave town like that for anyone else?
Anyway cleaning out all the closets and cupboards made me start thinking...... GARAGE SALE! My brown side of the family is seriously focusing on food storage and emergency preparedness...... they all also happen to be hoarders. So I came up with the idea of everyone cleaning out their garages and having a family garage sale. we will use any earned money for food storage and emergency preparedness. holy crap I now am in charge of a mass garage sale on December 3rd and 4th and I'm also in charge of helping Grandma and Bud clean out their garage and shed. I'm going over there tomorrow and Saturday to start working on their garage. I'll take pictures. You will never believe how crazy insane their garage is! Bud calls everything in there "his treasures". It should be interesting.
I was given a calling again. The bishop is always hesitant on giving callings to brand new mothers is what he told me so he gave me what he calls a "part time" calling. I'm on the RS activities committee - I guess that's what they call it now? The name is always changing. I'm excited - I hope this will help me get to know a lot of the women in my ward. Tomorrow is the first activity that I'm helping with and participating in. It's a craft night.
1 comment:
could you please come visit my house??? Sounds like the cleaning fairy lives at yours...quit holding her hostage, and send her my way!
Post a Comment