
I think party planning would be a really really fun side job to get paid to do :) Like my friend Shauna said to me the other day, it's only fun to spend other people's money. So true! And that's kind of what party planning is. It's giving people ideas on how to spend their money and how to make things pretty and yummy (oh yes, I'd always include a sugar cookie idea with every party/event - they could hire me to make the cookies for the event too).
My friend,Renee, has a cute little girl named Anna - she is turning one in November. Yes - I know the name in the inspiration board is Anne - but I couldn't change it that is how the artist had it. Well - I had asked her if she was already thinking about party ideas.... and i ended up offering to help her come up with party ideas. So I had her tell me the colors and choose a theme. She wanted pink and bright green and didn't want princess but wanted girly. So I came up with the options of butterflies, polka dots, or flowers. She choose both flowers and polks dots. Cute! So the research began....
I put together an inspiration board (the picture above) because that is all I'm doing - giving Renee inspiration on the colors and theme. She lives in Arkansas - I'm not even going to be there dang it! And as you've notice it's not very child centered - because a 1st birthday party is all about the adults - and usually attended by just mostly adults. Right? I know that Zach couldn't care less about what I'm planning for his first birthday party! I love the color scheme for this party. I like the idea of having at least 2 different color pinks and then the bright green. So basically pink is the main color and green is thrown in everywhere for fun color splashes!
This realth with the name in the middle is a detail that is playing a major role in my ideascaping. It's actually a stamp - but of course it would say Anna. This was she can coordinate her entire party with this stamp and then it become a really cute and fun thing for Anna to have all her life - her own super cute name stamp.
This realth with the name in the middle is a detail that is playing a major role in my ideascaping. It's actually a stamp - but of course it would say Anna. This was she can coordinate her entire party with this stamp and then it become a really cute and fun thing for Anna to have all her life - her own super cute name stamp.
As I said above I'd always include a sugar cookie idea. This is a picture of the cookie that I'd think would be cute for Anna's bday party: pink, polka dots, and A for Anna. Perfect right? I also have a second cookie idea for her party - again the coordination with the name stamp. She could have the image printed out with edible ink and make another cookie with it. Cool huh! Anyway this was just fun for me because I have a boy.... so I don't get to do girly stuff.
3 comments:
Okay, I never knew you had this creative side. Looks way cute!
i kept it hidden. i was always too busy with school... and then i never had any drive to do anything when i was single because there was nothing to be creative for!
I knew she had the creative side!!!!! You are amazing! THose are super cute, but WAY more effort than I would put into a 1 yr old party...but that is just me...it's way more effort than I would put on my 14 yr olds party...hehe! Oh wait, we don't do parties! We are lame! That is the difference...you are way cool...we are just old and boring!
Post a Comment