Our lives are crazy busy.... but I'm really liking it that way. Sorry to all my friends that got neglected because I've been so busy and coming off the crazy cliff. I'm working on getting back into communication with everyone :) Here is a update of our goings on....
Zach is huge, cute and slobbery :) He is not teething but he has starting acting like it by slobbering everywhere and once he grabs a hold of something the first reaction is to put it in his mouth. This week he has started blowing out all the spit from his mouth because it looks like he is trying to make a raspberry with his lips (know what i'm talking about? that's the only way I know how to describe it) but can't so all the spit comes out. gross! He is rolling for real, he rolls over all the time now. He hates being on his stomach though so he wines after a minute or two since he can only roll from his back to his stomach right now. He loves sleeping on his side so he rolls onto his side, hugs his Sange (monkey) and is out all night! Hallelujah! All this week I have only had to wake up when he has accidentally rolled onto his tummy - he will even whimper in his sleep until he is rolled back over.

I always have his duck quilt that Grandma Ray made him laying on the floor in front of the TV in the living room - that is where he plays on the floor. Today he rolled over and was just laying there watching Brian play his XBox game.
Grandma Brown and Bud came to visit us the other day and Zach was so tired that he sacked out when she was holding him in her lap. We were cracking up because he is totally lounged out!


Brian is in full swing working on the Scout. I'll take pictures of it the next time he pulls it out of the garage. He took the top off. He got it running and it was working great! He drove it around the block and
every thing. Then he totally gutted it: ripped out the dash and all the includes, the heater, radiator, gas tank, and all sorts of other stuff that is
piled in our garage that I have no idea what it is. He then painted the dash and most of the engine compartment. He got a few samples of exterior paint so we can start brainstorming on what to paint it someday. It's looking really good so far! It's amazing how fast they have broken that baby down! Now.... lets hope they can put it back together again :)
When Brian is "watching" Zach I'm always curious how the Scout gets done at the same time...... this is what I found the other day. For safety he is buckled into his bouncy chair. Safety first people when you have your son sitting on the hood of your jeep! dumb..... but funny :)
Can you tell that his onesie is soaked in the front from his slobber? gross!
Kim. I have, of course, been working on becoming a better house wife. I'm doing pretty dang good! Matter of fact it's actually fun now! For the record I have to document that Brian now thinks I'm a good cook! WOOOO HOOOO! Last night he was like whoa great dinner babe! His sister, brother-in-law and mom came over right after we finished eating because we were going to go on a walk with them and Lynda tried my zucchini sticks and told me they were better than hers. Brian even told Jacob today at lunch what a good cook I was! Awesome.
I'm really starting to embrace my craftiness! I know.... I've turned to the dark side :) Who would have though?! I do come from a long line of crafty Ray women though so it is in my blood. Brian's grandma's are totally helping me by embracing my craftiness conversion. Grandma Henricksen was cleaning her shelves the other day and found some old sewing and craft books and decided she didn't want them anymore since they were collecting dust, so she gave them to me. Cute that she saw those and thought of me :) She is also going to let me use her sewing machine.... but WHOA WHOA craftiness baby steps people.... baby steps. I'll tackle that one later.
Right now I'm still way into my cookie decorating. Grandma Brown heard about it and "lent" me some of her decorating tips (she was VERY sure to make me understand that this is a LOAN). My next cookie project is making cookies for my mother-in-law and her staff. She is the manager of the regular ICU (Brian works in the neighboring Cardiovascular-ICU) and she told me that the last two days all she had heard about is how cute and how good those cookies where that Brian took into work - yeah! :) So I'm going to make some for her and her crew since she was bummed that she didn't get to see them or eat one.
I have started Zach on baby food which means I got to bust out my super awesome Beaba Babycook babyfood cooker! Its ridiculously fun and easy to make him food. I make the food, freeze it in trays, and then put the frozen individual serving sizes all in a labeled ziplock bag. His first foods were butternut squash, then bananas, and then bananans with blueberries. He loves it al! And is a very good eater all ready! Thank heavens I didn't have a nightmare eater.


This is the craziness that is my kitchen when I have a cookie project and I'm trying to make dinner.
1 comment:
Holy cow woman...how long you been married? Man, I can't let Quinn read your blog ever, or he might get some kind of silly ideas, that I can dothat kind of stuff too! Silly boy! You amaze me! I am glad things are going well, and I love love love those chunky thighs on that sweet baby! I need to love him so come visit..hehe!
Post a Comment