Sunday, March 14, 2010

I saved the dog - stupid me!

So to continue Wheezy's tragic story of having her girl bits cut out..... the next day (Friday) I dog sat her while Brian was at work. She was still all lethargic from the anesthesia so she mostly just hung out all morning - slept on her blanket or just laid there. Around 1pm I got the idea to try to make her cream of wheat because she still hadn't eaten or drunken anything and I needed to give her the pain pill the vet gave us. Cream of wheat is really wet and it would be easy to crush up her pill and mix it in - and if she ended up puking it up it would be easier to clean up then regurgitated dog good - ew! Wheezy LOVED it and licked the bowl clean. She also kept it down - hallelujah. So I feed her another bowl of the magic food at 3 and 5. She also even got some peanut butter filled pretzels as a treat after her dinner. From 5-6:30 she was much more animated. She was way needy and I had to just sit on the back porch and pet her until Brian got home from work at 6:30 - ugh. 6:30 rolls around and Wheezy is all back to normal. Ran to the front door to say hi to Brian when he got home, buggin' us to play ball with her, smacking on her nasty dog food...... annoying again. Brian was so happy that I saved his dog!

She is totally back to normal. She is already back to getting on my freakin' couches, annoying the crap out of me..... and when we got home from church today we found that she had peeled back a corner of our brand new rug and ripped up some of the carpet padding underneath. STUPID DOG!! And this morning when I was getting ready for church I thought it was weird that I could only find one of my 3/4 inch black soft leather peep toe heels - yes, I still wear heels even though I'm hugely prego, they help me waddle less - so I had to wear a different pair. Well.... later on this afternoon I found ONE of my slippers and ONE of Brian's slippers (all which use to be in our closet) under my desk. Um? So no big surprise that ONE of my favorite heels is missing and I have absolutely no idea where it is. I have no idea when or how she got in my closet. But basically my husband will be the next one dying if she is left in our house alone while we are gone.

3 comments:

Aubrie said...

I LOVE IT!! I love these dog stories and I am just so glad it's not my dog!

Becca said...

Good thing you love Brian enough to not kill his dog! hehee!

ShaunaMahana said...

I think you have a secret soft spot for her!! Kidding. She probably was having a tough time trusting Brian again, she already knows where she stands with you. Follow-up visits to the vet are going to be interesting if she is indeed traumatized. Way to go Dog Whisperer!