Monday, March 30, 2009

Did you let Anna come out to play?

So I entertained myself this weekend by watching a miniseries adaption of “Anna Karenina”. It was FOREVER long and a bit tedious. I’ve never been able to bring myself to read the book so I figured I’d take the high school route and just watch the movie :)

Let me break down the entire story: Anna is married to an older gentleman of position but falls in love for a younger dashing soldier. So she becomes his mistress and leaves her husband and of course jacks up her life because of it. Since she now has no actual commitment from her lover she has really really bad break up fear which let her crazy lady come out to play. The crazy lady threw herself in front of a train instead of off a cliff. The end!

I also watched “Wives and Daughters” which is a fantastic BBC movie adaption of some old English romance novel. It was good! However the hair styles were vomitesque. Thanks Michelle for letting me use your Netflix all weekend! I'm sure Grandma is TOTALLY sick of my occupying her study. But I'm poor (because I'm going to get laser hair removal woooo hooo! thanks Leah! ) and my boyfriend lives in California so I'm boring and stay at home all the time now.

Another source of entertainment was the short time I spent over at my friend Shauna’s house. I met her over there to watch an episode of “dexter” however, it ended up me watching a train wreck flirt session between an old acquaintance and one of Shauna’s girlfriends. I feel sooooo awkward in those situations. And yet they are so entertaining to watch because they are so awful! I really shouldn’t be let out in public anymore.

3 comments:

Santos Family said...

your blogs are entertaining and educational! good job, teacher. you are getting laser hair removal?? Where? (i might not want the answer to that) hehe

Becca said...

that is funny!

Anonymous said...

oh kim, you crack me up